8/2/17

Book(let) of Mythicality! Review/Intro

This post is a bit different and I should follow up with the complete book review later this year. The pictures are a bit out of focus because I took them, I’m not very good at taking photos of books, oh well. 

So, I recently won a copy of Rhett & Link’s Book(let) of Mythicality.😆 Thank you, Rhett & Link and Crown Publishing. This fun booklet includes one chapter of their upcoming Book of Mythicality (set for release October 10, 2017).

Rhett McLaughlin and Link Neal are the hosts of Good Mythical Morning on YouTube. I actually just recently began watching the show and when I saw that I could win a copy I entered, not expecting anything. To my surprise, I was notified that I won! I have come to enjoy the show and wanted to see about their book. I will say that I am excited about the complete Book of Mythicality and can’t wait for it to come out. The single chapter included in the Book(let) shares their experiences of learning to dance confidently.

This chapter entitled “Unleash a Signature Dance Move” includes ideas on how to be confident and show mythicality. I loved the way the chapter/Book(let) was put together visually with many full-color images and this full title chapter introduction. The chapter came with a "confidence" badge for when you complete it 😊
Chapter Title Page
Rhett and Link define Mythicality as “the quality or state of being that embodies a synergistic coalescence of curiosity creativity and tomfoolery…ideally experienced in the context of friendship…” (back cover, 2017). The welcome provided explains that this is simply one chapter in the larger book and if it’s any indication the full book will be mythical! This preview seems to indicate that the book will be great. The comedic elements of the stories fit the style Rhett & Link have in their show. The writing is fun and whimsical and is easy to read. Reading this one chapter makes it hard to wait for the full book to come out! I highly recommend getting the book when it is available.

Image of Inside the Book(let)

References

Martin, A. (2017). Images.


McLaughlin, R. & Neal, L. (2017). Rhett & Link’s book(let) of mythicality: A field guide to curiosity, creativity & tomfoolery. New York: Crown Archetype.

No comments:

Post a Comment